PDF: Making Masks
The March Newsletter is now available.
2020 MARCH NEWSLETTER
Missing any back issues? Want to see what we were up to in the recent past? Newsletters back to 2012 are available on our Newsletter page.
The Catskilled Crafters Present:
Ties That Bind
Kaleidoscopic story – quilts fabricated from mens’ neckties
On exhibit at The Pine Hill Community Center
287 Main Street, Pine Hill, NY 12465
February 22 – May 30, 2020
Open daily 11am – 3pm and until 7pm Fridays and Saturdays
This was sent to me by Linda A. It’s about some workshops with openings at Q.U.I.L.T., Inc. Guild in Delmar. I am attaching the descriptions. You can go to their website for all the details. www.quiltinc.org
April and May 2020 are fast approaching and Quilt Inc. of Delmar, NY are offering 4 great workshops – 1 full day and 1 half day workshop in each of April 2020 and May 2020. As there are still a few openings I would love this info be shared with members of the other area quilt guilds in case there are other quilters out there interested in joining us.
If you like you can forward the attached files, or if that is too much, select the April and May 2020 Summary file. All information is available on the Quilt Inc. website and a link is on the page.
If you have any questions, please go to our website at www.quiltinc.org.
Participants will create a 20″ x 20: block to interpret the games played by children 50 or more years ago. (Examples: hopscotch, jacks, jump rope, tag, dodge ball, etc.)
The following rules will be observed:
1. The block must clearly illustrate at least one childhood game.
2. The block must measure exactly 20″ x 20″.
3. The block may be quilted, but does not have to be. Do not bind the block.
4. The block must contain BOTH a pieced portion and a sewn appliqué (by hand or machine) portion as a significant part of the overall design. Glued or iron-on appliqué is not permitted.
5. The block may contain 3-D items as part of the design. These items must be securely attached.
6. The block may contain juvenile fabric with children and/or games printed on it. It may be used in small amounts within the block but may not be used as the sole reference to the chosen game.
The block is due by the May meeting.