All guild meetings and workshops are held by Zoom unless stated otherwise. Email Carolyn Boice (her email is in the Membership list) with any questions or to sign up for workshops.
Guild meetings run from 10am to approximately 11am. Presentations (if any) follow immediately and generally run from 11-ish to 12-ish. Lunch and programs follow from approximately 12:30 – 3:30pm. Any special meetings (Board, Quilt Show, etc) are from 9am – 10am. Any changes for a particular workshop or meeting will be noted in the calendar for that event.
There is a special interest group called Historical Miniatures. The meetings are via Zoom on Saturdays. Here is a link to the upcoming dates and topics: 2023 Calendar Historical Minis Meetings are held at:
Grace Community Church
160 Seremma Ct.
Lake Katrine, NY 12449
All members are asked to bring a snack to the monthly meeting. The Hospitality schedule for the year is according to the first letter of your last name (as follows):
September: R,S,T October: U,V,W,X November: Y,C,D January: A,B,Z
Click on the date for more information:
February 17, 2018
February In-House Workshops:
More info, sign-ups and samples will be available at the January meeting.
1. “Walker Pockets Simplified”- Sam Conlon will teach an easier version of walker pockets they are good for disabled people and that the guild gives to nursing homes. Home décor fabric works especially well, but cotton is fine.
2. “Casserole Carrier” – Betty Verhoeven will show us how to make a square carrier that has a stable bottom and dowels for handles.
3. “Triangular Bowl” – Erika Assimus will teach how to sew this 3-sided bowl/candy dish can makes a good gift and can be made in seasonal colors.
4. “Hand Beading” – Cheryl Kosarek will teach how to make beaded fringe and to cage cabochons. This workshop is limited to 10 people and has materials provided for $5 fee.
5. “Small Snips Quilt” – Theresa Pabon will guide us thru cutting tiny pieces of fabric to reproduce a simple 12x12 simplified picture/card.