All guild meetings and workshops are held by Zoom unless stated otherwise. Email Carolyn Boice (her email is in the Membership list) with any questions or to sign up for workshops.
Guild meetings run from 10am to approximately 11am. Presentations (if any) follow immediately and generally run from 11-ish to 12-ish. Lunch and programs follow from approximately 12:30 – 3:30pm. Any special meetings (Board, Quilt Show, etc) are from 9am – 10am. Any changes for a particular workshop or meeting will be noted in the calendar for that event.
Guild Meetings are held at:
Grace Community Church
160 Seremma Ct.
Lake Katrine, NY 12449
All members are asked to bring a snack to the monthly meeting. The Hospitality schedule for the year is according to the first letter of your last name (as follows):
September: R,S,T October: U,V,W,X November: Y,C,D January: A,B,Z
February: E,F,R March: G,H April: J,K,L May: M,N,O June: P,Q,I
Click on the date for more information:
Shelley Greener Workshop - Color Arrangement and Stitch Choices in Machine Applique
October 17, 2015
- Sewing machine with multiple stitch options
- Open toe foot
- Sewing basics: scissors (for fabric and for paper), ruler, needles, pencil etc.
- Background fabric in a neutral color: 14’ x 14” square
- Stabilizer (light weight tear away) 14” x 14” square
- Wonder Under (or equivalent) ½ yard
- Five 5” squares of fabric for flower, ranging in shade from light to dark. Stay away from solids and look for fabrics with variegation~ shading or spots of different hues within each fabric
- 3” square for flower center
- Four 5” squares of fabric in shades of variegated green for leaves and stem
- 8” square of interesting fabric for vase
- Several matching machine embroidery threads for all fabrics
- #90 machine embroidery needle
- Several empty bobbins