March 19, 2016 –
Our guild meeting happens to be on the same day as National Quilting Day, March 16, 2016. Read more about thison the National Quilting Association website: www.nqaquilts.org/nqd/
We will be making Snowballs!! Anita will have fabric for the project. We will be using 6 1/2" squares and 2 1/2" squares for UNBLEACHED muslin for the corner pieces. '
You will need a sewing machine with a 1/4" foot. If you have a long extension cord you may need it, so bring it along. A neutral thread is good. A small iron and pad and also a small mat, rotary cutter, a 6 1/2" ruler, a 1" x 6" ruler and a pencil. Be sure your name is on your equipment.
If you have never made Snowballs, stay and learn how! If you have fabric cut into 6 1/2" squares you can bring some of your own. JUST BE SURE THEY ARE THE EXACT SIZE.
If you have any questions - call Anita (her name is in the book).
Similar to last year, the Board agreed that a way to celebrate this day is to show appreciation for Grace Community Church for allowing us to use their facility by helping stock their Essentials Pantry.
As you enter the door, there has been a large basket for donations. Wouldn't it be nice if our members brought in articals on March 19th for this?
The list of non-food items requested are; toilet paper, dish soap, SOS pads, paper towels, facial tissue, napkins, sandwich bags, coffee filters, laundry soap, all-purpose cleaner, hand and body soap/lotion, shampoo, toothpaste, dental floss, toothbrushes, sun screen, deodorant. Food stamps and WIC don't cover these items. Non-perishable foods are also needed.
Also at our March 19 meeting, Evelyn Urbom will offer her denim vest class that was originally scheduled for the January In-House Workshops. At this time the class is full. Please contact Te Pabon if you wish to put your name on a waiting list.
Denim Jean Vest
- Fabric cutting shears
- Thread snips
- Deninm colored thread
- Thread to co-ordinate with lining fabric
- Acrylic ruler (6" x 19")
- Marking pen
- Straight ins
- Sewing machine
- Iron and pressing mat (we can share if you don't have your own)
- Old denim jeans (make sure there are no holes in the knees
- Fabric for lining and vest front and back (check your patterns for requirements) plus 1/4 yard more
- Remove both rear end pockets and bring them with you to class
- Open inner leg seams of jeans
- You will need to make trim for both the upper right and lower left sides of the top band make it approx. 2 1/2"-4" wide by 7" - 10" long. The lower band 4" wide x the width of the vest front (measure your tissue pattern). I suggest the ling fabric plus 1 or 2 contrasting fabrics. You could make a 4-patch windmill or a Seminole type band.
Any questions - please feel free to call me
Evelyn Urbom (her phone number is in the membership booklet)