January 21, 2023
January Community Sew
The guild is inviting everyone to join together in January after our monthly meeting for Zoom Community Sew. We are planning a Wonky Log Cabin Round Robin Quilt as you Go, the more the merrier.
Preparations for a wonderful smooth get “together” include getting the following set up ahead of time.
- Pick a backing fabric for your quilt, you want something for a finished 30"x36”.
- Cut batting to match backing size
- Baste or use a temporary spray adhesive to put your batting and backing together.
- Pick a center, could be a panel, could be a chunk of your favorite fabric or color, or even an old block you made that you don’t know what to do with. We are not requiring any specific size but keep in mind your finished size when selecting yours.
- Pull out your scraps, looking to have pieces between 2” and 5” in width and 40” long. If your strips aren’t long enough, sew some together so that they are at least 40”. This will make participating in the round robin easier for you during class.
- Once you have the strips divide them into 6 piles and place each pile in a bag. Feel free to divide them randomly, by color, by width or anyway you choose to do so. Label your bags 1-6.
- Count down till our sew day. Any questions please reach out to Willow or myself. When we are done the quilts will be donated to the Mountain Valley Manor Adult Home in Kingston.