Quilt Show At Ulster Savings Bank
November 18, 2016 – January 5, 2017
Ulster Savings Bank has long been a supporter of local artists and has hosted quilt displays for several years. Our own Dolly Wodin has been a visiting quilt artist in the past and when approached to hang her work again last year, she suggested something a little different.
Quilters are notoriously philanthropic and organizations such as nursing homes, domestic violence shelters, veterans’ hospitals, children’s homes, and wounded warrior projects have all benefitted. Dolly thought that a display of some of the charity quilts created by local artists might serve not only to highlight the needs of charitable causes but also encourage other quilters to contribute their creative efforts to needy organizations. The response to Dolly’s call-to-quilters for charity quilts was immediate and enthusiastic. More than a dozen quilters submitted thirty quilts destined for distribution to the following recipients:
- Adaptive Sports Foundation
- Agri-Business Child Development
- Astor Services for Children and Families
- Children’s Home of Poughkeepsie
- Family of Woodstock Domestic Violence Services
- Golden Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Mountainview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Philanthropic Educational Organization
- University of Albany School of Social Welfare
- VFW for VA Hospital at Castle Point
The response from clients of the bank was so positive and receptive that the staff at Ulster Savings requested that Dolly come back and do it all again.
Please consider displaying one of your quilts destined for donation to a charity.
Contact Dolly Wodin (her info is in the book or contact firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
The location of the participating bank is:
Ulster Savings Bank
2201 Route 44-55
Even if your charity quilts have already flown the coop, you can stop by to see the display at the opening day reception or at any time during bank hours until the show closes.